Sunday, October 2, 2011

Heart attack Parent moment!

This morning was not quit the normal wake up for us! It was about 5:30am and I heard Luke start crying in the monitor. Nick got up to go check on him and through the monitor I heard Nick say, "oh my gosh" and then yelled for me. I ran into the living room where Nick was holding Luke and Luke's face and nose was covered in spit up. It was running down his nose and out of his mouth. He started gaging and chocking on his spit up. I immediately got the blue suction bulb and started sucking saliva and spit up from his mouth and nose, all while he is crying! He was still gagging and not swallowing correctly. He never stopped breathing or anything, but both Nick and I were a little panicked! I called the pediatrician's after hours number and spoke with a nurse. She said that we shouldn't be overly worried, but to make sure he stays sitting up as much as possible today. He starting acting a little more like himself and we finally fed him. He then sneezed and a ton more junk came out of his nose! We were thankful for that sneeze because ever since then he's been fine!

Talk about a heart attack moment as parents! I am sure we will have more, but man, the moment anything, as little as it can be, happens you realize how precious this sweet baby is to you!

Thank you God for allowing Luke to cry for us and allowing Nick to get to him so quickly. I know that I can't shield him from everything, but I pray that whatever is in our hands we handle and make the best decisions as possible!

Be strong and of good courage; be not frightened, neither be dismayed; for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.


--Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love