Wednesday, November 21, 2012

He got his mama's ears



I don't have a lot to write about tonight, but I just wanted to "write" a few things down.

Luke has yet another ear infection as well as croup (sp?). We ended up back at the ER last night because he had a high fever and was acting really miserable :( we have been to the ER 4 or 5 times in the last like 6 months. We need a frequent visitor pass or something ;/. They ended up giving him a steroid to help with the swelling of his throat ( from the croup) and then some antibiotics to finish up from his last ear infections. It's been never ending!! If there is a germ to get Luke will catch it and get sick. Starting "school" hasn't helped either! But.... Hopefully as they say, he will have a strong immune system when he gets older! That sounds peachy in all but I (and I am sure he) would really like to not get sick so often right NOW!!! It's awful watching your child feel miserable. I would take his place any second! But I know it's life and we handle it the best way we can!

With all that said, we will not be spending Thanksgiving with any family tomorrow :(
The doc said he is contagious for up to 5 days and we don't want to get anybody sick. I am so sad to not be with our families tomorrow :( but as long as Luke is on the mend then I am SO thankful for that! I am even considering maybe trying to make a Thanksgiving meal myself for just us. I usually only bring the pie to Thanksgiving so making an actual meal could be a challenge, but I just my try and see!!

Well little man is asleep and Nick is at work, so I am going to watch, "Magic Mike".

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love