Monday, November 26, 2012

It's hard....

Today is Monday….. The day after a holiday break is always hard for me. I long to be home with Luke so going to work after being with him is HARD. Don’t get me wrong, I am SO thankful for my job. I have a great job. I love my students, my coworkers and the school itself. But it is still hard to leave him and spend my day with 24 other kids. 20 school days until winter break…..I can do it!! Plus getting my summers off makes it worthwhile!

Luke has a doctor’s appointment tomorrow at the ENT (ears, nose, throat). The poor kiddo has had 5 or 6 ear infections in his 20 months of life! So sad!! Every time he gets a slight runny nose it goes straight to the ears and they get infected. We have been to the ER with him a few times because of it and countless doctors appointments. I am over it and I know he is too!! Hopefully he will just need tubes and it will help with the ear situations!

I never did write about our Thanksgiving. We actually didn’t end up spending it with our extended families. Luke was sick and we didn’t want to spread anything to the little cousins so we stayed home. It was a very quiet Thanksgiving, but I did attempt to cook a Thanksgiving meal. It turned out okay, but noting like what we are used too (Sorry Nick). I was very thankful for my little family and the time we got to spend together!

I put up the Christmas tree last night. It is an itty bitty little thing, but its perfect for us. I will hopefully get the ornaments on it tonight. As I was leaving for work this morning, Nick was teaching Luke to throw the candy cans at the tree and that’s how they stick. Lovely. New tradition? I asked if the tree was going to be still standing when I get home and he said he couldn’t promise me anything :)

I started my 90 day body by vi challenge today. So far I am doing well! I had a shake for breakfast and for lunch and ate a healthy dinner tonight! I also walked/jogged on the treadmill for 45 minutes tonight as well as did some light arm weights.  Gotta keep myself accountable! Writing it down should help. If I don’t change my ways, my body and habits won’t change either! 
 

Hope you had a great Monday! 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love